SUBMISSION DEADLINES & FEES
GMFF 2017 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN
- $15.00 CDN FEE for submissions
- FREE always for FAVA Members & Youth (18 years and under) – want to become a member?
ALL GENRES ACCEPTED:
Live Action, Animation, Experimental, Documentary and Creative Non-Fiction
Filmmakers may submit a maximum of THREE one-minute shorts for the Jury’s consideration. A separate signed submission form must be provided for each film submitted.
60 seconds (exactly!)
Silent (Subtitles & Title Cards permitted)
Apple Pro Res 422 or H.264 (10 Mbit/s minimum); 16:9, 1080p recommended; Frame Rate 29.97
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE THE FILM TITLE AND CREDITS IN YOUR FILM. The title and creator’s name appear beside the film at all times within a set GMFF frame on PATTISON Onestop LRT Screens, and on a Title Card before each film on our show reels; longer credits will appear with the film on the GMFF website and in the GMFF print program.
There are no pre-determined themes for the festival but among our slate of awards we offer a “Best Short for Young Audiences (children)” award. We also offer two awards to local filmmakers: the “Spirit of Edmonton Award” to a film that best expresses the spirit/character/beauty/complexity of the City of Edmonton; and a “Best Local Youth Short Award” for a film created by a local filmmaker 18 years and under.
As Public Art on Public Transit in Public Space, the Gotta Minute Film Festival will reach a general audience of all ages. Given the makeup of our audience, GMFF is unable to accept works that contain profanity or nudity; works that condone or incite violence, hatred, or discrimination; or works that are unduly frightening to children. With the Edmonton Transit System as our host, we also cannot accept works that detract from the image of the ETS and/or its employees.
Please also read the Gotta Minute Film Festival Rules and Regulations below.
All files and info will be received through submittable.
NOTE: To be considered, submissions must be delivered by 12:00 midnight on July 3rd, 2017.
Special Call for Submissions by Local Youth:
Gotta Minute is eager to program quality works created by Local Youth, 18 years and under. Selected Youth works will be eligible for the Best Local Youth Short Award. Youth may wish to become members of FAVA where they can access all the resources (filmmaking gear, editing suites, and expertise) necessary to make a finished Short. The Stanley Milner – Edmonton Public Library also has basic filmmaking resources available in its new Makerspace, including a ‘green screen’! Youth are invited to come and check out what FAVA and the EPL have to offer!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- By participating in the Gotta Minute Film Festival (GOTTA MINUTE), I certify that I/we are the sole owner(s) of the work described above, and that I have obtained all necessary releases and clearances necessary for public screening. By submitting this entry, I agree that the Gotta Minute Film Festival (GOTTA MINUTE), The Film and Video Arts Society – Alberta (FAVA), Pattison Onestop, its affiliates and assigns may publicly screen the work, as part of GOTTA MINUTE, and may use all or part of the work and any stills and descriptive material, including the title of the work in any publicity efforts for the festival, including any broadcast or Internet website use. I also agree to allow my submission to be included in repeat screenings of GOTTA MINUTE which may occur outside of the original context, and which may include being part of a GOTTA MINUTE screening at other film festivals both within and outside of Canada. I understand that my screening copy may not be returned.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS & CLEARANCES
- All one-minute films must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the film contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to the submission of the film, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use of the film by the Gotta Minute Film Festival (GOTTA MINUTE). GOTTA MINUTE reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to verify that all necessary Clearances relating to any film submission have been obtained. At any time during the Festival, GOTTA MINUTE reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify and remove any film that potentially or actually infringes any third party’s copyright(s).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- By entering into this Festival, entrants hereby release and discharge the Gotta Minute Film Festival (GOTTA MINUTE) and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees and directors from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to their participation in this Festival, their use or acceptance of any prize, the use by GOTTA MINUTE of any films submitted by entrants and/or any actions or decisions of GOTTA MINUTE in connection with the conduct and administration of this Festival. Entrants hereby waive any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any claim against GOTTA MINUTE, any of the Co-Sponsors, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees and directors.GOTTA MINUTE is not responsible for technical failures of any kind or any problems or delays arising from any technical, software or equipment malfunctions, computer viruses, or any other technical, equipment or human errors of any kind, or any damage or alteration to your film that may occur in connection with the uploading or display of the film. If GOTTA MINUTE determines in its sole discretion that there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering or fraud relating to any portion of the Festival, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Festival, GOTTA MINUTE reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Festival, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. GOTTA MINUTE is not liable for any failure to screen one-minute films if that failure is due to circumstances beyond its control.